20 South specializes in major events. We typically handle large weddings and functions associated with the University of Virginia. Each event is overseen by an Event Captain and he or she is the go-to person during the event. We provide fully trained bartenders and service staff. Many of our staff have worked with us for years through hundreds of functions and provide exquisite attention to detail.
This is how it usually goes:
- An initial contact from the client (phone call, website contact form, or email). We recommend using our contact form as it will help you fill in many of the details of your event.
- We send you information about 20 South, sample menus from previous events, etc as would be appropriate for your event.
- We meet with you in person to discuss the event and to collect ideas about what menus you’d like to see.
- We send you a proposal, sketch of a floor plan and a rental projection. The proposal has a more accurate price for the event and several menus from which you may choose items. On acceptance of the proposal you send a $500 Save-the-Date deposit.
- We set up a tasting, usually within the calendar year of the event. During the tasting, we help you choose your menu and nail down some more details including your timeline, rentals, etc. Note that Fall and Spring are our busy seasons and we are unable to conduct tastings on Saturdays during these periods.
- Following the tasting we send an overview with the details in place and revised costs. On your acceptance of the terms presented in the overview, you submit a deposit of 50% of the estimated total. We call this the Main Deposit.
- You send us final guest count one week before the wedding or event.
- Often we schedule a final meeting on Thursday or Friday before the wedding to meet with the bride/groom and review the event and any changes one last time. Some clients have favors, decorations, etc. which we bring to the venue on the day of the event.
- We do the event and it is fantastic and you are blissfully happy
- We send a final invoice the week following the event.
Adjustments that may affect the amount of your final invoice:
- Guest count is higher or lower
- Broken glasses
- Client requests that we stay longer than the scheduled duration
20 South Catering is fully ABC-licensed to serve alcohol. This means we provide all alcohol, a licensed ABC manager on-site, and service.
Tax is included in our estimate.
Gratuity is not included in the estimate.